- It took three years, two months and one day to get to a billion tweets, now it takes one week to achieve that.
- People sent an average of 50 tweets per day a year ago. As of the 11th of March that number is now 177 million.
- On the day Michael Jackson died, June 25, 2009, there was a record breaking 456 tweets sent per second. That record was shattered after Midnight on New Year’s Day this year with 6,939.
- On average 460,000 new accounts are created each day.
- In January 2008, Twitter had 8 employees. Today that number has risen to 400.
Congrats to Twitter on 5 years of service.
*Shameless plug – Follow Geeks Without Glasses on Twitter!!!*
How many of you use Twitter? How often do you tweet? Let know below in the comment section.